BNDES to Brazilian companies in the face of the new coronavirus pandemic reached R$ 154 billion ($30 bn) last year. The resources benefited some 390,000 companies, which are responsible for generating more than 9.5 million jobs. The information was released by the institution.
Source: Money Times
The World Bank has improved projections for the Brazilian economy and forecasts that Brazil’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will grow by 3.0% in 2021, 0.8 percentage points above the forecast released in June. The economy will expand this year after contracting 4.5% in 2020, 3.5 percentage points better than the previous estimate.
Source: 6 Minutos
Operators at the Port of Paranaguá plan to export 6.082 million tons of dry bulk in the first quarter of 2021, the company Portos do Paraná said in a statement. The expected volume, which includes soy, bran, maize and sugar, would represent an 11 percent increase over that shipped in the first three months of 2020 (5.47 million tons).
Source: Agencia Estado
Datafolha survey shows that 41% of Brazilians believe the country’s economic situation will worsen in the coming months. For 28%, it will remain as it is, totaling 69% who believe that the situation will not improve. Another 28% think it will improve. The Datafolha survey was conducted between December 8 and 10, 2020, with 2,016 people on the phone.
Vehicle distributors in Brazil expect a 16% growth in sales this year, after registering the highest monthly licensing volume of 2020 in December, according to Fenabrave data. The entity’s projection for sales of new cars and light commercials this year is up 15.8%. For roads the forecast is for expansion of 21.7%, for buses the projection is for growth of 8.2%.