The Brazilian Senate approved the Provisional Measure that opens an extraordinary credit of R$5 billion ($1 bn) to help the country’s tourism sector. This credit should be offered to small, medium and large companies in the tourism sector to serve as working capital.
The Ministry of Regional Development (MDR) signed a memorandum of understanding with the British NGO Climate Bond Initiative (CBI) to qualify projects according to sustainability criteria and to attract investors, both in the auction and fundraising phases, with the possibility of issuing green bonds to finance the shares.
Source: Ambiente Brasil
Brazil’s oil production in July totalled 3.078 million barrels per day, with a 2.2% increase compared to June and a 10.9% jump over the same month last year, the National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency (ANP) reported in a bulletin.
Source: Money Times
The official August data on outbreaks of fire in the Amazon needs to be corrected and will probably show a rise compared to last year, which will mean the worst August in a decade. Due to an error on a NASA satellite that will be corrected, there will probably be an increase of 1% to 2% in fires.
Source: UOL Economia
In August, 174.26 MW of installed capacity were added in the country. 47% of this potential is from thermoelectric plants, with a highlight for a 50 MW auto-producer in Pernambuco, and the other 53% in plants with wind and water generation. The data refers to the release for commercial operation by Aneel.
Source: Energia Hoje
The Provisional Measure with structural actions for the electricity sector published by the federal government opens the way for private initiative in the resumption of the Angra 3 project. The completion of the project, which is already more than half finished, is estimated at R$25 billion ($4.7 bn).
Source: Canal Energia