The new sanitation project aims at the universalisation of basic sanitation by 2033. Currently, 100 million people do not have sewage collection and 34 million are without drinking water. Currently, only 6% of cities are served by private initiative. In the other 94%, the service is provided by state-owned companies. The estimated cost of the project is R$700 billion ($133.89 billion).
The National Electrical Energy Agency (Aneel) approved in a meeting on Tuesday cap values and conditions for an operation that will involve the viability of loans of around R$16 billion ($3 bn) to electricity distributors due to the financial impacts of the pandemic.
The Minister of Agriculture launched an investment plan for sustainable agriculture. The investment potential for sustainable agriculture in Brazil until 2030 is $ 692 billion, according to the Ministry of Agriculture. Still shy, the market has moved $ 5.81 billion since 2015 in the Brazil.
Source: Valor Investe
A group of 29 global investment firms that manage $3.7 trillion are demanding meetings with Brazilian diplomats around the world to call the government to stop soaring deforestation in the Amazon. Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon increased by a further 34 % in the first five months of 2020, according to data from the government space research agency INPE.
Brazilian Central Bank has announced measures that can facilitate lending to companies with annual revenues of up to R$50 million ($9.4 mm). Through the measure, the monetary authority aims to mitigate and prevent the economic and financial effects of the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. The monetary authority estimated that the measure could release up to R$ 55.8 billion ($10.5 bn).